Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WEEK 6... Thing #15

WEEK 6......Thing #15...... I thought that the piece by Rick Anderson was interesting"Away from the Icebergs"........... We need to always be looking to the future and recognize that the "times they are a changing" and adapt our offerings, procedures and focus to adapt to these times. I can relate to this by just looking at how my son does( or doesn't do )research for school. I have numerous books that are terrific that I have bought at book sales, garage sales, church sales through the years thinking that my kids could use them for school later-they would have the info at their fingertips- and my son just wants to use the internet. He's not interested in coming to the library -not when he can find what he wants on the internet. I agree with Mr. Anderson that we have to find ways to remove the blocks that prevent customers from easily accessing information(23 things?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home